I am pleased to announce the Flash On… user group that I am kicking off together with Keith Sutton, Oswald Campesato, and Justin Webb. The focus is Flash on consumer devices from Mobile to Tablet to TV.
Oswald and I will be doing the inaugural presentation on Flash mobile technologies this evening. You can catch the live stream on Adobe Connect here:
(Stream starts at 7PM PST!)
For those of you who haven’t been following the Flash Mobile headlines, there have been a lot of great announcements that make this platform worth developing for:
- With the AIR 2.5 release, Android devices are fully supported
- Apple has relaxed their license to allow Flash-based applications in the App Store
- Similar announcements have come from other vendors such as Palm, Windows 7, and others
- Google TV prominently features Flash support
- Adobe also announced AIR support for Samsung devices such as Smart TVs and Blu-ray Players
- Blackberry announced Adobe AIR support for their Playbook Tablet
Here is an excerpt from the Adobe Max 2010 keynote that shows off the Blackberry Playbook Tablet running Flash:
When put together, Flash is well poised to become the defacto standard for building rich user experiences across different screens.
We will cover all this and more in our presentation tonight. As usual, we will have high production values for the talk with side-by-side presenter video and slides plus a chat area to ask questions. I hope to see you there!